I thought that I would start this week off with a shake recipe since I didn’t put one up last week. Considering that they are probably the easiest posts to make I really have no excuse. I will say though that I have been lifting like a demon and loving every second of it.
I’m getting pretty excited for all of the stuff that’s coming up. I have a pretty epic time coming up in two weeks. First, my birthday is on the 29th and then my wedding is on the 6th! In between that I get to have what I can only imagine will be an epic bachelor party and see many friends and family that I don’t get to spend much time with. It will be awesome.
This recipe is one of my current favorites. It doesn’t pack a ton of nutritional punches because I haven’t figured out a way to incorporate veggies without throwing the taste off. It’s still pretty decent though and tastes awesome.
- 1-2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds*
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk*
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon instant coffee depending on desired flavor strength
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water or cold coffee if you don’t have instant
- Stevia to taste…I use about 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Peppermint extract (or less. Seriously this stuff is powerful)
- 5-8 ice cubes
*you can leave these out if you don’t like the texture but I strongly encourage you to keep them in
Blend it all up. I like to leave it running for a pretty long time to make it very smooth and thick.
There you go. No sugar peppermint mocha.