This weeks shake is inspired by Orange Julius or, if you aren’t familiar with that, the orange dream machine from Jamba Juice. Although both are delicious they’re about as nutritious as Styrofoam.
- 4-8 ice cubes depending on how extreme you like your brain freeze to be
- 1-2 oranges (or 5-10 cuties) depending on how many carbs you want
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk or regular milk if you handle dairy well and it fits into your nutrition plan
- 1 tbs sugar free vanilla pudding (somewhat optional but if you choose not to use, include the extracts)
- 2 tbs sugar free orange jello(somewhat optional but if you choose not to use, include the extracts)
- splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- splash of orange extract (optional)
- Stevia to taste if you like it really sweet
Blend that all up. Let the blender run for a while, say 3-5 minutes to really let it thicken up. You could add some spinach to this and it won’t change the flavor too much but it will give it a pretty unpleasant brownish color.